Join us to celebrate the importance of arts education in Rhode Island
RISCA and the Arts Learning Network (ALN) have partnered to usher in March, which is Arts in our Schools Month in Rhode Island, with events, shows and performances throughout the state. Mark your calendar for one of the first major events on March 7 at 3 p.m. at the State House where art students, their art and educators will be celebrating with displays and performances throughout the building.
The events will include performances and presentations from the following groups
- Band performance by Cranston High School East.
- Dance performance by students from Pell Elementary School who take part in Newport Contemporary Ballet’s New Dancer Program.
- Choral performances by the Joseph L McCourt Middle School Select Chorus and the Cumberland High School Clef Singers.
- Theatre performances by Stagemasters, Barrington High School Drama Club.
- Student Visual Arts Gallery curated by the R.I. Arts Educators Association.
- Organization tables by Manton Avenue Project, the Rhode Island Department of Education and RISCA.
In addition, after the bell goes off in the State House to call the R.I. House and Senate into session, head to the chambers’ respective galleries on the third floor for the official reading of the resolution declaring March Arts in our Schools Month in Rhode Island.
For a schedule of the evening’s events please click here.
Looking for more ways to celebrate Arts in our Schools Month? Check out this flyer with student art events presented by various professional organizations throughout March.
Thanks to our partners for helping to plan and make this event possible. They are: RISCA’s Arts Learning Network, Rhode Island Department of Administration, Rhode Island Department of Education, Rhode Island Music Education Association, Rhode Island Art Education Association, Rhode Island Theatre Education Association, Dance Alliance of Rhode Island, Newport Contemporary Ballet, the Manton Avenue Project and our elected officials.
Since 2019, Rhode Island has declared March Arts in our School Month, in alignment with the national celebrations of Youth Art Month, Music in Our Schools Month, Theatre in Our Schools Month, and Dance in Your Schools Month.