Información en español sobre el programa: rifoundation.org/grant/programa-de-expansion-arts
About the Rhode Island Expansion Arts Program
Supported by a collaboration between Rhode Island Foundation, Rhode Island State Council on the Arts (RISCA), and Rhode Island Council for the Humanities (RICH), the Rhode Island Expansion Arts Program (RIEAP) offers funding and organizational assistance to community-based, culturally diverse arts and cultural organizations.
It supports small organizations whose programs and missions center on the cultural practices and traditions of Rhode Island’s diverse peoples. RIEAP provides the skills and tools these organizations need to grow as equal partners in the Rhode Island arts and cultural community. Priority is given to newly emerging groups and those with little history of grant funding. In seeking to build the capacity of these organizations, RIEAP recognizes the broader role they play in strengthening their communities including cultural preservation, education, and youth development.
Funding from RIEAP focuses on developing resilient organizations including governance, financial management, fundraising, marketing and audience development, documentation and evaluation, youth development, and strategic collaborations and partnerships. Funding also fosters greater connection across the arts and humanities and provides leadership and professional development for a broader network of RIEAP-eligible arts and cultural organizations.
2019-2022 Rhode Island Expansion Arts Program Cohort
EcoArts USA supports arts, cultural, and educational exchange programs between artists of color from the United States and artists from Cuba by promoting their talent and creativity.
Korean-American Association of RI
The Korean American Association of Rhode Island was founded in 1975 with the desire to celebrate and share Korean Culture with Rhode Island.
Sankofa Community Connection
The Sankofa Community Connection empowers individuals through education, workshops, and training in order to build a thriving African American Community in Newport County.
Rhode Island Foundation, RISCA, and RICH select four organizations to participate in the three-year Program which includes:
- $10,000 grant each year for three years to each organization
- Participation in multiple capacity building workshops
- Access to professional consultants
- One-on-one consultation with an experienced arts and culture administrator
- Scholarships to attend regional and national conferences
- Opportunities for seed grants supporting such areas as youth development and intercultural collaborations
- Convenings with RIEAP alumni that include national keynote speakers such as María López De León and Carlton Turner
Organizations that are eligible to apply:
- Small organizations whose programs and missions center on the cultural practices and traditions of Rhode Island’s diverse peoples
- Organizations that reflect and engage the people and experiences of racially diverse communities in our state
INFORMATION / APPLICATION SUBMISSION
2023-2025 Rhode Island Expansion Arts Program Cohort – This application is currently closed. The next deadline will be Summer of 2022.
Questions about the RIEAP application – please contact Elena Calderón Patiño, Director of Community Arts Program, RI State Council on the Arts | Elena.Patino@arts.ri.gov
Rhode Island Expansion Arts Program Website – https://rhodeislandexpansionartsprogram.org/