This is a resource page dedication to the Development Director/Staff Affinity Group managed by RISCA. Have a resource you would like to share? Email Todd Trebour, Organizations Program Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resources for Casemaking:
- Making the Case for Arts and Culture: a compiled resource guide from RISCA.
Fundraising “Experts” and their resources:
- Simone Joyaux.
- Tom Ahern.
- Penelope Burk: author of Donor-Centered Fundraising.
- The Generosity Network.
- Tips on How to Address the Board’s #1 Challenge: Fundraising. BoardSource, 2017.
- Skin in the Game: The Importance of Board Giving. Giving USA, 2018.
- Grantmakers Council of Rhode Island: an excellent resource, particularly for small and mid-sized nonprofits, and anyone working in development in Rhode Island.
- Rhode Island Foundation’s Capacity Building Program: another excellent resource! RIF offers workshops and other professional development opportunities on topics of board development, fund development, and more.
- BoardSource: the resource offers both free and pay-to-use resources for boards, including templates for by-laws, articles on best governance practices, and more.