On this page is everything you will need to prepare for an Arts and Culture Advocacy 201 Training! If you haven’t participated in a 101 Training, you will want to go through these materials and develop your elevator pitch prior to the 201.
- Advocacy 201 – What to Expect – this document will guide you through your preparation for the 201 Training.
- United Way Arts and Culture Advocacy 101 PowerPoint Presentation Slides
- United Way Advocacy Toolkit – this contains the Grasstops Exercise mentioned in Advocacy 201 – What to Expect.
- What is Your Arts and Culture Story? – this handout will guide you in the development of your Elevator pitch.
- Hill Day – What To Expect – this document is only necessarily if you are attending a 201 Training at the State House.
The following documents will help you complete the What Is Your Arts and Culture Story? handout:
- The Importance of Arts and Culture: The Big Picture – Handout and Resource Page.
- What Americans Say About the Arts in 2018 – Americans for the Arts.
- Why Should Government Support the Arts? – National Assembly of State Arts Agencies.
For even more resources, check out the Making the Case for Arts and Culture page here.