About The Manton Avenue Project (MAP):
MAP serves young people in the Olneyville neighborhood of Providence, RI through free playwriting and performance opportunities for students aged 8-18. Most of our students identify as Latina/o/x, from immigrant families representing Central and South American countries. Our afterschool and summer programming is centered on student voice and aimed at youth empowerment by providing supports and opportunities for Positive and Creative Youth Development outcomes.
Since 2004, we’ve offered tuition-free afterschool and summer programs in Olneyville, one of Providence’s lowest income neighborhoods, with the goal of empowering young people to become tomorrow’s creative thinkers and community leaders. In the last 15 years, we’ve professionally produced over 700 plays written by young people with the help of over 500 volunteer artists. More importantly, we’ve built (and are building) a strong community hub for young creatives poised to become leaders, empathic and bold, ready to face life’s challenges.
To nurture the unique potential of young people in Olneyville by unleashing their creative voices and partnering with professional artists to create original theater.
MAP is changing young lives, one play at a time. At MAP we believe all young people, regardless of their family’s economic or immigration status, deserve the opportunity to imagine strong futures for themselves and their communities. And we believe theatre and playwriting are excellent tools to help our students do just that.
The Development/Operations Coordinator is responsible for coordinating smooth administrative operations related to MAP’s productions/events, donor/sponsor communications, marketing and social media postings, donations processing and bookkeeping, and database maintenance. The position requires the ability to prioritize and work independently, while also on a team. Strong communication skills and knowledge of Eventbrite, Mailchimp, WordPress, Quickbooks Online and Salesforce databases preferred. The ideal candidate has experience with non-profit accounting and financial reporting in a small, collaboratively-minded office.
Development, Marketing, and Communications
- Manage donor relations, including processing donor acknowledgement letters and preparing tax receipt letters for donors.
- Manage sponsor relations, including creating annual sponsorship packets and reaching new potential sponsors for our seasons and annual gala.
- Assist in special events, including our annual gala, specifically with invitations, ticket sales, marketing, and vendor communications.
- Manage our donor, volunteer, and constituent database in Salesforce.
- Manage marketing and media communications, including press releases and event postings, as well as Eblasts on MailChimp, helping to maintain our website (WordPress) and social media accounts.
- Maintain Eventbrite and FB events for all of our events.
- Handling all printing of promotional materials including posters, invites, and playbills.
- Work with graphic designer to ensure quality and timely promotion of events.
- Work with volunteers to ensure timely posting of event promotional materials.
- Playbill design and management of sponsor ads.
- Oversee volunteer recruitment and communications for gala and administrative projects.
- Oversee mass mailings for annual appeal and gala invitations.
- During production weekends, managing reports of donations and attendance.
- Assisting Executive Artistic Director with grant reporting.
- Retrieving mail from Post Office regularly, making deposits and paying bills.
- Handling financial statements and reporting through Quickbooks.
- Processing all donations and membership payments. Make bank deposits. Prepare bill payments.
- Overseeing office organization and venue management.
- Handling communications with outside vendors.
- Handling communications with contractors and vendors working on new MAP Studio.
- Handling communications with maintenance and landlords of MAP Clubhouse and MAP Studio.
- Handling insurance contracts.
- Preparing annual 990 taxes.
- Maintaining and ordering office supplies.
- Responding to general inquiries about MAP. Direct inquiries received by phone, email, and social media to appropriate staff, Board member or volunteers.
- Front of House Management for MAP’s productions.
- Managing ticket sales and box office for our productions and events, including concessions.
Reports to the Executive Artistic Director.
25 hours per week at $17/hour, starting immediately. Grant-funded with opportunity for growth over the next few years into Executive Managing Director role.
3 weeks unpaid vacation.
Some nights and weekends required, especially during our four annual play festivals and annual gala.
Experience with non-profit management, donor relations and bookkeeping.
Highly organized and self-motivated.
Strong writing and computer skills.
A passion for social justice.
An interest in Youth Arts and Arts Education.
An interest in Creative Youth Development.
Fluency in Spanish.
Send resume, the names of three references, and a detailed cover letter explaining your experience and your interest in MAP, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MAP welcomes your application even if your experience and abilities do not meet all of the above qualifications. MAP believes that all people are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate in any matters on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, gender identity and presentation, religion or spirituality, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental ability, sexual orientation, physical characteristics, marital status, pregnancy or parental status. We are committed to building a team that includes leadership from the community that we serve and represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.We value having a diverse staff who are representative of the community we serve and bring to our organization a variety of traditions, experiences, and points of view.
People who identify as Latinx, native Spanish speakers, and people of color strongly encouraged to apply.