Application deadline is March 5
The International Charter School (ICS) seeks a Project Manager to plan school’s 20th anniversary virtual celebration
The International Charter School (ICS) was founded in 2001 to help meet the educational needs of the children of Rhode Island. It is a public charter school serving grades kindergarten through 5th grade. The school operates as an independent, self-funded, 501(c)3 corporation with its own Director [internationalcharterschool.org] and Board of Trustees [internationalcharterschool.org]. We are located in Pawtucket, RI and serve students from all cities and towns in Rhode Island.
The mission of ICS is to integrate the diverse languages and cultures of the communities it serves by teaching all students in two languages—in Spanish and English or in Portuguese and English—and helping children develop an appreciation of other cultures. Children learn to work collaboratively from their multiple experiences and backgrounds, striving towards high standards of academic achievement. Everyone is part of a community of learners, engaging in inquiry about the world, themselves, and others.
In 2018, the International Charter School was authorized as an International Baccalaureate® (IB) Primary Years Programme ibo.org
World School—making ICS the only IB-authorized public school in Rhode Island and the only school in the state (public or private) to offer the PYP. As an IB World School, ICS offers an inquiry-based curriculum that empowers students to become responsible world citizens and reflective lifelong learners. Academic instruction at ICS is integrated into the IB transdisciplinary units within our dual-language education model.
ICS is thrilled to be celebrating twenty years of dual language education and excited to share this milestone with our diverse community of alum, families, educators and supporters.
The Project Manager will support the ICS Director and Board to organize the 20th anniversary virtual celebration in May, 2020. Eligibility, qualifications, and duties are outlined below.
This is a contractual opportunity with an award of $4,000.
- 18 years and older
- RI resident
- Multilingual speakers preferred (English, Spanish, Portuguese)
- Connection to ICS school and community preferred
- Demonstrated virtual event management experience including developing run of show, managing contracts with participants and speakers, managing event registrations
- Demonstrated experience in communications and content development for social media
- Demonstrated experience with virtual silent auctions and brokering sponsorships with community partners, local businesses and organizations, and corporations
- Demonstrated experience in booking artists and executing artist contracts
- Excellent communications skills
- Graphic design experience a plus
Scope of Work
- Support ICS to plan and execute the 20th anniversary virtual celebration
- Develop work plan and manage project budget
- Reach out to and contract speakers and artists / entertainment for event
- Work with ICS staff and board to identify and secure sponsorships
- Contract Spanish, Portuguese and ASL interpretation
- Conduct targeted outreach and invitation to ICS alum and their families
- Manage event registration
- Develop run of show for the day of event
- Oversee tech dress rehearsal
- Oversee donations management system
To Apply: Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 5, 2021