Rhode Island State Council on the Arts is a state commission within the Executive Branch of state government. It was established in 1967 to serve as the official agency to expand and growth of the state’s arts and culture. Read RISCA’s official Procedures and Regulations.
Meet the Governor appointed Council
- Kate Blacklock, Chair, Providence
- Lorraine Hynes, Vice Chair, Cumberland
- Mary-Kim Arnold, Secretary, Pawtucket
- Dominique Alfandre, Newport
- Mohamad Farzan, Newport
- Jennifer Fonseca, Rumford
- Kara Milner, Bristol
- Jason Pamental, East Providence
- Lawrence Purtill, Narragansett
- Katherine Quinn, Bristol
- Libby Slader, Narragansett
- Lorén M. Spears, Enrolled Citizen of Narragansett Nation, Charlestown
- One vacant position.