Coming soon! Full details of this new grant program will be available in February 2022, and the first application deadline is April 1, 2022.
RISCA’s General Operating Support for Organizations Program (GOS), formerly called the Investments in Arts and Culture (IAC) Program, provides multi-year unrestricted operating support to arts and culture organizations and culturally-specific organizations across Rhode Island that meaningfully engage and inspire their community through arts and culture programming. Organizations in this program make important contributions to the diversity and vitality of our communities, the economy of our state, the enrichment of all Rhode Islanders, and our quality of life.
In order to qualify for the GOS program, you must:
- Be a nonprofit organization incorporated in, headquartered, and conducting business in the State of Rhode Island, with 501(c)(3) tax exempt status from the Internal Revenue Service. The organization must have a Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN), a DUNS number, and have received federal tax-exempt status from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
- A non-exempt, Rhode Island-based organization using a fiscal sponsor that fits the above requirements.
- A semi-independent cultural entity that is either 1) associated with a university or 2) a subdivision of a larger nonprofit, only if they meet the following additional eligibility criteria:
- Manage their own budget.
- Have at least one full-time (min. 30 hours per week) compensated administrative staff position dedicated solely to the operation of the cultural entity.
- Have an advisory board that meets regularly to discuss policy, strategic direction, and resource development plans to ensure long-term sustainability.