Click here to access the RISCA grant portal for individuals.
Click here to see previous grants awarded.
RISCA Folk Arts Fellowship (FAF) Guidelines – FY23 Cycle 2 for October 3, 2022, Deadline
Folk Arts Fellowships provide support to individual artists who demonstrate the highest level of skill and accomplishments in their craft. The folk arts are defined as those artistic practices which are community or family-based and express that community’s aesthetic heritage and tradition. The learning process is informal and passed on from generation to generation by word of mouth, apprenticeship, and imitation.
All potential applicants to the Folk Arts Fellowship program must contact Elena Calderón-Patiño to discuss their application before the deadline. Applicants who need assistance completing an application and/or who require assistance of an interpreter, contact Elena by email at Elena.Patino@Arts.RI.gov well in advance of the application deadline.
Deadline: October 3
- All applications and support materials must be submitted online by 11:59 p.m. on the deadline day.
- Applications in the Folk Arts Fellowship grants category are accepted once a year on the above date (or on the following business day when these dates fall on a weekend or holiday).
How to Apply
- Applicants must submit a completed Folk Arts Fellowship application form via https://www.grantinterface.com/Home/Logon?urlkey=artsrischolarship.
Click the below Folk Arts Fellowship Guidelines PDF for information pertaining to the Eligibility, Funding Considerations, Access for People with Disabilities, Review Criteria, How to Apply, Review Process, Fellowship Award Requirements, Benefits for Grantees and Tax Liability.
- Folk Arts Fellowship Guidelines (PDF)
- Evaluation Rubric (PDF)
- Folk Arts Fellowship Application Questions (PDF) — coming soon.