Spring 2018 Arts Learning and Programming Internship
FirstWorks seeks a process-oriented, flexible, enthusiastic intern to join its Staff for the spring of 2018. The intern will gain experience working with professional arts programming and nonprofit education strategies. Duties include implementing educational and performance programs, artist liaison, outreach, and assisting in the general day-to-day operations of the FirstWorks office. Interns should be available from 15 to 20 hours per week. Positions are available January through June 2018. Both graduate level and qualified undergraduate students may apply.
- Work directly with FirstWorks Director of Education and Community Outreach to develop, publicize, and implement educational & outreach activities at schools & other venues
- Assist Program Manager with details relating to logistics, artist needs, database maintenance, and technical needs for educational & public performances
- Assist with stage and/or house management at FirstWorks events and with all on-site, artist residency & educational activity requirements
- Provide general support to the organization in various areas as needed. Arts Learning and Program interns are expected to be comfortable working both within their specific field and as an all-hands-on-deck resource for the FirstWorks Staff
- Fluency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Availability to staff events on week nights & weekends where needed
- Willingness to handle generalized tasks as needed including office tasks and computer work
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work well in a team
- Self-motivated work ethic
- Strong organizational ability
- Enthusiasm for and knowledge of the performing arts
Please submit cover letter, resume, and one writing sample to Holly Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FirstWorks is a non-profit based in Providence, Rhode Island whose purpose is to build the cultural, educational and economic vitality of its community by engaging audiences with world-class performing arts and education programs. Since 2004, FirstWorks festivals, performances and programs have attracted more than 400,000 participants. The FirstWorks Arts Learning Program reaches over 4,000 students from public and charter schools across Rhode Island with transformative arts-based learning experiences. FirstWorks is Founding Partner for PVDFest, collaborating with the City of Providence to produce an international arts celebration held each June that draws tens of thousands of visitors to Providence to experience music, art and spectacular performances.