Presentation Slides from Arts and Culture Advocacy Trainings
- AFTA RISCA Arts Advocacy 101 PowerPoint Presentation Slides
- United Way Arts and Culture Advocacy 101 PowerPoint Presentation Slides
Selected Handouts for Your Arts and Culture Case-Making
- The Importance of Arts and Culture: The Big Picture – Handout and Resource Page
- What Americans Say About the Arts in 2018 – Americans for the Arts
- Why Should Government Support the Arts? – National Assembly of State Arts Agencies
- The Arts Ripple Effect – The Topos Partnership
- General Lobbying Rules for Nonprofit Organizations – After School Alliance
- Guide to Actionable Measurement – Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation is a guide to help organizations in evaluating the work they do – helping them build their own data sources through focusing on what is most important and “actionable for them to measure.
Other Resources for your Arts and Culture Case-making
- Americans for the Arts is a national arts advocacy agency organization providing easy to use data and resources, including the results of numerous public opinion surveys.
- AFTA’s Arts and Economic Prosperity Calculator is based on AFTA’s Arts and Economic Prosperity Study 5 and allows organization to calculate their economic impact in their communities.
- AFTA’s Arts and Social Impact Explorer is an online primer that draws together top-line research, example projects, core research papers, and service/partner organizations about 26 different sectors (e.g. workforce development, housing, youth development, etc.), all in an effort to make more visible the incredible, wide-reaching impact of the arts.
- Animating Democracy is a program of Americans for the Arts that brings national visibility to arts for change work, builds knowledge about quality practice, and creates useful resources helping individuals and organizations to articulate the public value of cultural work and its contributions to civic engagement and social change.
- City of Providence’s Arts and Economic Prosperity Study 5 Results. The most comprehensive economic impact study of the nonprofit arts and culture industry ever conducted in the United States, Arts & Economic Prosperity 5 was conducted by Americans for the Arts, the nation’s leading nonprofit organization for advancing the arts and arts education.
- Education Commission of the States is a trusted resource for comprehensive knowledge and resources on hundreds of education policy issues, including arts in education.
- National Assembly of State Arts Agencies is the national arts service organization serving state arts agencies. They also provide handouts and data useful for advocacy and education.
- The Rhode Island Arts and Health Network’s 2018 evidence mapping process found over 400 serious medical research studies that demonstrate the efficacy/effectiveness of arts interventions delivered across priority populations and settings. The largest number of studies align with high cost, high burden and complex diagnoses including cancer, behavioral health, and aging populations.
Ways to Connect with the RI Arts and Culture Community