Gallery Night job search for an executive director
Gallery Night Providence is an independent, member-supported, not-for-profit (501(c)3) citywide organization. Since 1996, Gallery Night has worked toward its mission of bringing art to the people and people to the arts.
Gallery Night is seeking a part-time Executive Director. This person will be responsible for leadership and management of the organization in coordination with the Executive Board. As Executive Director they will guide other contractors, program initiatives, external communication, and the ongoing operation of the organization. This includes conducting regular evaluation to measure success of the organization’s programs.
• Participate with the Board of Directors in developing and implementing a vision and strategic plan to guide the organization, and ensure that the mission and core values of the organization are practiced and upheld.
• Successfully carry out physical and virtual gallery tours on monthly Gallery Nights, March through November.
• Recruit and mentor qualified contractors, volunteers and interns.
• Foster diversity within the organization and in our community.
• Serve as a non-voting member of the Board and participate in the planning of general and Executive Board meetings.
• Oversee public relations, including local media, social media, and annual report.
• Coordinate fundraising with the Board, including donor cultivation and management, grant writing, annual appeals, soliciting sponsorships, and special events.
• Clearly communicate financial needs and expenses with the Treasurer of the organization.
• Advocate for Gallery Night to city and state government officials.
• Act as chief spokesperson and liaison with community members and organizations to foster partnerships and publicity for Gallery Night Providence.
• Assist the Board Committees in their work by maintaining contact with committee chairs and providing assistance and guidance as needed.
• Passion for the visual arts. Has the ability to develop the organization and thrives under self-direction.
• Leadership and program management experience.
• Strong understanding and enthusiasm for volunteer management.
• Education and/or experience in arts management, arts education, non-profit management or a similar field.
• Ability to maintain a constructive and positive work environment.
• Communicate clearly and effectively in person and in writing, using appropriate platforms and communication techniques.
• Past success in fundraising.
• Promote Gallery Night’s commitment to equity, inclusion, and accessibility.
This position is as a consultant and will be issued a 1099. Our budget is $300/week. We expect it will take the contractor about 15 hours per week to do the job effectively. While Gallery Night maintains an office at Sprout CoWorking, yet, this position can choose to do a lot of the work remotely.
How to Apply
Send a resume and a cover letter explaining why you are interested in this role, and why you believe you are a good fit for this opportunity. Please also include contact information for three professional references familiar with your work (nonprofit work preferred).
Apply to email@example.com and put “Executive Director” in the subject line.
To receive full consideration, all requested materials must be submitted by the close of May 21, 2021.