FirstWorks Education Director
FirstWorks is a Providence, Rhode Island-based non-profit arts organization dedicated to enhancing the cultural, educational and economic vitality of our community by engaging audiences with world-class performing arts and education programs.
The Education Program Director will lead the growth and expansion of FirstWorks Education program and will have significant responsibilities and opportunities to design and manage the program, as we embrace virtual program offerings and continue our traditional in-school model. FirstWorks is looking for an innovator, builder and manager in leading our Education Program. The ideal candidate thrives in fast-paced environments and can provide leadership at both the macro level (systematic design and refinement of the program) and micro level (operational implementation).
Duties & Responsibilities
- In accordance with FirstWorks Education Logic Model, work with Executive Artistic Director to set long-term strategy and vision for FW Education program.
- Collaborate with Program Director to develop and design Arts Learning engagement opportunities based on artistic programming. Set goals for the Education team that align with overall organizational strategic goals. Clearly define both short-term and long-term goals for both in-person and online programs.
- Advance racial equity through diverse partnerships and programming.
- Develop and cultivate ongoing strategic partnerships with RI Schools, educators, administrators practitioners, other organizations that support public school students, and community stakeholders. Facilitate regular meetings and touchpoints with these partners.
- Hire and supervise Education Project Managers and other education team staff, effectively delegate tasks, clearly communicate expectations and goals, facilitate regular team meetings, set clear and specific meeting agendas, and provide regular feedback.
- Develop plans for the implementation of programs (from start to finish), including establishing milestones, deadlines, and processes
- Troubleshoot and proactively remedy challenges.
- Develop resources for the education program, including cultivating funding opportunities, participation in grant proposal planning, preparation, and tracking and compliance with reporting requirements education/outreach programs.
- Work with marketing team to develop communications that engage broad and diverse audiences, including education video assets.
- Represent FirstWorks at community events and make presentations throughout the community.
- Manage fiscal tracking of education budget.
- Analyze data and generate reports on education programming.
- Staff performance/event duty as assigned.
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.
- Relevant experience in arts administration, project management, arts education, teaching, or education policy experience.
- Experience working with educational partners preferred.
- Experience working with cultural nonprofits preferred.
- Knowledge of arts-learning integration models & best practices, and RIDE common core.
- Familiarity with issues related to arts and education trends.
- Ability to represent the organization in conversations with educators, parents and community leaders.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Superior organizational ability and attention to detail.
- Welcoming presence: ability to generate enthusiasm for the organization, elicit cooperation, and get information over the phone, via email, and in person.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Facile knowledge/user of software applications (i.e., word processing, spreadsheets, email, search engines, databases), familiarity with SalesForce/Patron Manager, Asana a plus.
- Commitment to connecting art with audiences and FirstWorks core values:
- Creativity and artistic excellence
- Partnership model
- Arts potential for social impact
$45,000 – $50,000. This is a full time position to start on April 15, 2021.
How to apply
Please submit cover letter, resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Benefits include health and dental insurance, vacation; an excellent working environment; and the ability to have an impact on creating access and engagement with the arts and bettering the lives of children in Providence and across Rhode Island.
FirstWorks is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to a diverse workplace. Women, persons of color, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Link to job description on FirstWorks website.