During the time of the COVID-19 Crisis, RISCA will be hosting drop-in Zoom calls for arts and culture organizations and their staff. Scheduled for an hour, you can join for just a few minutes, or for the entirety of the call. To call-in via Zoom, see credentials below – no need to RSVP. This page will be updated with the call schedule regularly.
Facilitated or co-facilitated by Organizations Program Director Todd Trebour, we will have two types of sessions:
- Free-form: you can share with fellow Rhode Island arts and culture organization staff how you are doing, what struggles you are having, what information you need, or what resources you have discovered. In turn, you can hold space for others, provide support, listen, and learn.
- Topic-focused: while you can still share how you are doing, these calls will have a particular topic focus, e.g. fundraising in time of COVID-19, employment issues, etc., and will often have a co-facilitator.
In addition to being a form of peer support, these calls will inform RISCA staff as to how they can best support your arts and culture organizations at this difficult and uncertain time.
Interested in co-facilitating a call? Email Todd Trebour at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wednesday, March 18th 9:30 – 10:30 AM: Free-form.
- Thursday, March 19th 12:00 – 1:00 PM: Free-form.
- Tuesday, March 24th , 9:00 – 10:00 AM: COVID-19 and School Programs. With Maggie Anderson, RISCA’s Arts in Education Director. In addition to co-facilitating, Maggie will provide an update on K-12 schools and COVID-19’s impact.
- Thursday, March 26th, 12:00 – 1:00 PM: Communicating the Value of Arts and Culture during COVID-19. With Mollie Flanagan, RISCA’s Individual Artists Program Director. As part of this, we will also share where things are at with federal level advocacy and where to turn for resources to know more.
- Thursday, April 2nd, 12:00 – 1:00 PM. Livestreaming Performances and Concerts. With Max Ponticelli, General Manager at Wilbury Theatre Group and Lecturer in Theatre at URI. Max will talk about what kinds of livestreaming are happening and the different technical options and considerations. We will then have an open discussion and brainstorm ways Rhode Island organizations might effectively implement livestreaming during the time of COVID-19 and beyond.
- Friday, April 3rd, 12:00 – 1:00 PM. Fundraising During the COVID-19 Pandemic. With Community MusicWorks. Geared towards people working in development (as either staff or board members). We will have an open discussion about the various strategies and messages arts and culture organizations are using in this time of crisis, and how they are effectively and honestly pivoting current campaigns.
To join the Zoom Meeting
by computer: https://zoom.us/j/314399924
Meeting ID: 314 399 924
One tap mobile
+13126266799,,314399924# US (Chicago)
+19294362866,,314399924# US (New York)
Dial by your location
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
+1 253 215 8782 US
+1 301 715 8592 US
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 314 399 924
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/aedwa4XRx6