RISCA and the City of Providence Department of Art, Culture + Tourism (ACT) are hosting a series of calls to support arts and culture organizations in completing the necessary compliance documents with Commerce and the Department of Health to reopen. These calls will be most useful for organizations who, based on the RI Reopening plan, believe they will likely reopen within the next six months. Calls will illuminate how organizations can use the Reemergence Self Assessment Tool developed by ACT as a guide in developing reopening plans in compliance with state regulations. On each call, speakers provide case studies and, in collaboration with RISCA and ACT staff, will help organizations complete the documents and consider their planning and procedures in an arts specific context – often by looking at appropriate analogues from other industries.
Here is the proposed call schedule – topics might change depending on speaker availability.
- June 3rd, 12 – 1 PM: Workplace safety. Guest speaker: Chris Simonelli, Troop PVD. Watch the recording here.
- June 10th, 12 – 1 PM: The Reopening Process for the RI Arts and Culture Community. Guest Speaker: Ben Mays, Policy Advisor at the RI Executive Office of Commerce. Watch the recording here.
- July 1st, 12 – 1 PM: TBD.
Calls will be recorded and links shared here for those who can’t attend. Additional resources will be added to this page below.
Email Randall Rosenbaum at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the update mailing list for our scheduled calls.
- COVID-19 Business Resources, Rhode Island Commerce.
- COVID-19 Control Plan Template, Rhode Island Commerce.
- Reemergence Self Assessment Tool, City of Providence Department of Art, Culture + Tourism.
- Google Drive of Arts Reopening Resources, crowdsourced from Rhode Island Arts and Cultural Community.
- American Repertory Theatre’s Roadmap to Recovery.