The Alliance Diversity + Leadership Fellows program is a year-long experience that launches with participation in the annual 2017 AAC Conference in Denver, CO. Recognizing a marked lack of diversity in the residency field, the fellowship aims to celebrate and advance the careers of emerging practitioners of color and practitioners with disabilities in the residency field regardless of their current role. Six fellowships will be awarded and include travel + registration for the 2017 conference, a visit to a leading artist residency center (Spring 2018 dates to be determined) and travel + registration to attend the 2018 Emerging Program Institute (October 13-15, 2018).
The fellowship supports residency leaders interested in:
- Developing leadership skills to take their career to the next level
- Joining an international network of residency leaders
- Working closely with a field mentor
- Attending the 2017 AAC Conference in Denver, CO (October 2-5, 2017)
- Visiting a leading artist residency center (Spring 2018)
- Attending the 2018 AAC Emerging Program Institute in Philadelphia, PA (October 13-15, 2018)
Eligibility Requirements: Artist residency practitioners of color or practitioners who have a disability from the United States who have worked within the residency field, or associated roles, for 2- 5 years are encouraged to apply. Applicants must be able to attend all fellowship activities. Program costs are covered with travel and accommodation stipends.
Application Deadline: The deadline is July 31st. Fellows will be announced in early August.