CALL FOR ENTRY
Central Coast Printmakers and
San Luis Obispo Museum of Art present
PRESSING MATTERS 2018
A Juried Exhibition of Contemporary Printmaking
Gray Wing exhibition on view August 24 to October 14, 2018
Deadline for Submissions: May 1, 2018
Open to all artists residing in the United States. Any accepted entry that differs
from the submitted image, or is unfit for display when delivered, will be excluded.
All entries must be hand-pulled prints using traditional printmaking processes in
any combination of serigraphy, letterpress, collagraphy, etching, woodcut,
lithography, linocut, drypoint, mezzotint, monoprint or solar plates. Digital and
photographic elements may be used only as a supporting element. Artworks that
are solely monotype, computer generated or digitally altered photographs or
photographic reproductions will not be accepted. All accepted artwork must be
presented professionally and ready for exhibition. All submissions must be hand
delivered, emailed, or postmarked by May 1, 2018.
Juan Fuentes is a Chicano artist living in San Francisco, California. He is a long
time cultural worker, art teacher, social activist/poster maker and printmaker. His
art and social activism stems from his strong conviction that art is needed to
make social change possible. Juan Fesntes’ printmaking artistry has been
recognized globally. Visit his website: http://www.juanrfuentes.com.
San Luis Obispo Museum of Art (SLOMA)
Established in 1958, SLOMA is the hub of a vibrant art community on the
California Central Coast. Its location in the downtown cultural corridor attracts
over 56,000 community residents and tourists every year. San Luis Obispo,
California is the county seat, a tourist destination, and home of California
Polytechnic State University. Visit SLOMA online: http://www.sloma.org.
Jurying & Awards
Central Coast Printmakers are pleased to present one Juror’s Award of $500 and
two $125 Honorable Mention Awards at the opening reception on Saturday,
August 25 at 3 PM.
Submissions may be made by one of the methods listed below:
• Email jpegs and Entry Form to: email@example.com. Put “Pressing Matters 2018”
on the subject line. Mail check to SLOMA, PO Box 813, San Luis Obispo, CA
93406 with note that you emailed images.
• Mail CD or flash drive, entry form, and check to:
SLOMA c/o Pressing Matters 2018
PO Box 813
San Luis Obispo, California 93406
Mailed entries must be received by the May 1, 2018 deadline.
• Hand deliver entry form, check, and image files on CD or flash drive to
SLOMA at 1010 Broad Street, San Luis Obispo, California.
CD or Flash Drive Submission Requirements
• Artist’s name must be written on CD or flash drive with permanent marker (NO
• Image size must be no larger than six inches in any direction (or 1800 pixels on
the longest side) and saved as jpegs at 300 dpi.
• Save each jpeg filename as the artwork title only. For multiple views, include
depiction in title (i.e., Waterfall, detail).
• All other information will be written on the entry form.
Artists may enter up to 3 artworks. Entry fee is non-refundable. Make check
payable to SLOMA and write “Pressing Matters 2018” on the memo line.
$25 entry fee for one piece; $30 for two pieces; $35 for three pieces.
Sales are encouraged but artwork need not be for sale. SLOMA will retain 50%
commission on any artwork sold. Sale price on entry form must include
commission and cannot be changed after acceptance. All artwork will remain in
the exhibition through October 14, 2018.
Timeline for Exhibition Dates and Deadlines
• May 1: Entry deadline
• June 18: Notification of acceptance by email only
• By August 17: Shipped artworks must arrive at SLOMA
• August 20: Hand deliver accepted artworks to SLOMA, 11 AM–5 PM or by
• August 24: Exhibition open to the public, 11 AM
• September 7: Art After Dark downtown gallery walk, 6–9 PM
• October 5: Art After Dark downtown gallery walk, 6–9 PM
• October 14: Exhibition closes, 5 PM. Hand delivered, unsold artwork can be
picked up between 5–7 PM
• Oct 15: Final pickup of hand delivered, unsold artwork, 11 AM—5 PM
• Unsold, shipped artwork will be repackaged and returned to artist after
exhibition. Sold artwork will be shipped to buyer at buyer’s expense.